- Do your staff understand how to reduce the risk of workplace fires and what to do if a fire occurs?
- Do you have trained and competent staff members who can act as Marshals-Wardens in fire situations?
This course is provided cost effectively to staff members/employees, via their managers/employers. It is aimed at those who are responsible for or want to be competent in:
- Basic fire safety in the workplace
- Fire Marshal-Warden duties
- Fire extinguisher selection and practical use
This course is suitable for all members of staff, including those with no experience.
The theoretical content of the course, and practical skills acquired during it, are designed to enable the student to understand the basic principles and requirements of fire safety, so that they become fully competent with their Fire Marshal-Warden duties.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles of fire safety, appreciate how fires start and spot fire hazards
- Understand the importance of a fire safety plan and know how to reduce the risk of fire
- Correctly identify and select fire extinguishers and operate them safely (Real Fire Training)
- Call the Fire & Rescue Service and know what key information to provide
- Describe the role of a Fire Marshal-Warden
- Carry out the duties of a Fire Marshal-Warden competently
- Understand the importance of the Fire Risk Assessment
- Give an overview of fire warning systems and their importance
- Meet Fire & Rescue Service requirements when attending fire incidents
- Provide an overview of the Fire & Rescue Service Integrated Risk Management Plan and Emergency Response Standards
Successful students will be certified by ‘Francis Fire Protection Services Limited’ as a competent Fire Marshal-Warden and will be provided with a Course Certification, which attracts CPD Credits: 4 hours.
Students will also be issued with the following, which they may take away with them):
- Fire Marshal Hi-Viz tabard
- Prompt Card (for ongoing use in the workplace)
- Course notes
It is recommended that all ‘Fire Marshal-Wardens’ receive Refresher Training every 1-2 years, ensuring they are compliant with fire safety regulations skills and that their skills are kept fully up to date.
Courses are available for micro, small, medium & large businesses for only £65.00 per student, inc VAT
Courses are run for 10 Students per Session and last approximately 4 hours in duration
Courses are available ‘on & off site’ to suit individual requirements
Should you have any pre-booking questions or general queries, please do not hesitate to call 01625 365 199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All courses are run by Wayne Francis, DipFA IOSH FETA – Experienced Fire Protection Consultant and Trainer
‘Prevention is always better than cure’ Don’t delay, book straight away!
Note: The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO) has replaced all existing Fire Safety Legislation. The RRO came into Effect on the 1st October 2006. Under the Order a ‘Responsible Person’ must provide a Comprehensive Fire Risk Assessment and ensure that any Fire Safety improvements highlighted with that Assessment are carried out. Any Existing Fire Safety Measures are to be Inspected and Maintained on a Regular Basis and Recorded in a Fire Logbook or Associated System. The said Order also outlines the Training Requirements for all Employees.
Should you require further Support, Guidance or Information to help Maintain, Implement or Investigate Fire Safety please do hesitate in contacting Francis Fire Protection Services Limited on 01625 365 199 or email email@example.com
Legal: Francis Fire Protection Services Limited is a Registered Company in England & Wales under Company Registration: 12198705 – VAT No: 335 7424 96. Complying fully in-line with GDPR-Data Protection Act 2018. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of our Data Protection Policy.